This post is for all the people who enjoying reading a good book wherever, whenever. Since I was little I love to spend a few hours a day to read some extra curricular books. Then I found myself buying more and more books and I have found my bookshelf completely full. Only then, I realise the advantages of having a Kindle or an eBook reader that I would like to list below.
Advantages of a Kindle
- It saves a lot of space. You can carry as much books as you want in your little device.
- You can read whatever you want, when you want. You can buy thousands books and keep them on your personal library.
- It saves you a lot of money. I know the devise is expensive, but in the end if you read a lot you will find cheaper books in the Kindle format on Amazon.
- You can download pdf book online and convert them into .mobi format (the one on the Kindle) by using Calibre.
- The dictionary feature is really useful and saves you a lot of time! A great way to increase your vocabulary.
- You can increase the font size.
Disadvantages of a Kindle
- It’s not a book. You don’t have the same feelings when reading a real book and turning its pages.
- You can’t lend books to people, unless you give them your own device.
- Library loss: you don’t have a library filled with your favourite books.
- It’s hard to resell a Kindle and the values of the book on it are lower compared to real books.
Well, as you can see the disadvantages are well less than the advantages so I do suggest you to do this investment and buy one if you like reading.
Only recently I found out audiobooks and I do really enjoy also have the possibility to hear some books while I am driving or travelling. It saves me a lot of energy and effort, so I don’t have to sit down and open a book and read it in order to enjoy it.
Audible is an app again offered by Amazon, which I believe is quite well organised and offers a wide range of different books. You should have a look and try one book, the first 30 days are free!
I know that it may seems I am trying to sponsor Amazon, but I am definitely not! In fact, there are actually eBooks reader offered by different companies and brands which I believe are convenient as the Kindle is. For instance, we have Kobo and Sony.
I hope you find this post useful and see you in my next one!