Lately I have been through some acne problem so I did some research on the net and find some useful tips that I wanna share with all of you on my blog. These are all natural treatment that you can actually do by yourself at home, I cannot guarantee that you will see any improvement immediately, indeed you need to be constant and you may also see a specialist, like a dermatologist if your acne problem is serious. Well, let’s get started, I hope to be useful!
- First instead of using moisturizing cream you may consider Aloe Vera Gel, there are so many that you can find in stores. Here in China you can try the Nature Republic one, you can buy it on Tmall here. It is useful especially for dry and sensitive skin. Even thought we all know that pro acne skin is quite oily, you do need to protect the skin with a cream or a gel. Aloe is also known for its anti inflammatory properties and it will decrease the redness due to acne. Just apply it in the morning and night after you have washed you face.
- Always remember to wash gently you face at least twice a day, one in the morning and one in the night before going to bed. A good skin routine is very important when you have acne in order to remove excess oil from the skin.
- Twice a week you can try to do some natural mask. You can either buy some mask or do it by yourself. You can find some good mask at Innisfree, a Korean brand, if you are in China you can buy them here.
I would recommend to buy marks with the following ingredients:
- Aloe Vera
- Green Tea
- Jeju volcanic
I have also found an interesting article about homemade acne remedies, just follow the link here.
- Manuka honey also may helps. Actually is a quite expensive type of honey but it does help. Just remember to buy at least MGO 250+ or UMF 15+ otherwise you won’t see the benefits, you can buy it here. Apply gently on your skin, you can also mix it with lemon or brown sugar and do a scrub for your face. You can try to do it once a week for quite a while. Find more info about Manuka honey here.
- Drink a lot of water. Remember that your body needs 2L of water every day and it’s important to keep your body hydrated. You may also drink some green tea with lemon and a spoon of Manuka honey. It’s delicious and good for your health.
- In the morning when you wake up, with empty stomach you can drink a glass of warm water with a quarter or half lemon and a spoon of honey. You can try it for one week and stop for another and then retry again. It will help to clear your body of any dirty stuff you might have eaten.
- Try to have a good and healthy diet. There are some super food that you might consider which are good for your body and skin. Quinoa, Spirulina, Chia seeds are just some of them. You might consider to do further research on the net; here there is an interesting article about super foods. Eat a lot of vegetables and avoid junk food.
- I have also tried to use some medical stuff, which were prescribed by the doctor, so you may consider to go to the doctor before try them Anyway I have use an antibiotics called Clindamycin (here you can find more information) and a gel with Benzoyl peroxide (find more info here on Wikipedia and another cleanser made with Hyaluronic acid and Salicylic acid. But as I said before, you do need to see a specialist before considering any of these drugs.
- Steam face mask can be another useful tool against acne. You can also add some tea tree oil in the water so it will be more effective. You can buy tea tree oil here. There are many study about the benefit of using tea tree oil, you may have a look at this article. I have one bought at the Body Shop.
- Try to avoid drink alcohol and smoke, it not healthy at all for your skin and you do want to have a perfect skin, don’t you?
- Also avoid some cosmetic which might not let your skin to breathe and your acne condition will just worsen over time.
- Above all do not constantly touch your skin and or squeeze or pinch your pimples
- Vitamin A, C and B-complex can be useful for any lesion due to acne and also for preventing them.
- Do not expose too much your skin under the sun, although the sunlight may help dry the skin actually is not good for acne and can be very harmful in the long run. Remember to apply a natural sunscreen during summer.
Actually these are just a little list of remedies against acne, there are a lot more, but you do need to see a doctor in order to overcome your acne problem.
I hope to have help you in some way and see you in my next post!