Hi everyone! I hope that you are all doing well!
Today I will show you a useful list about the sites and e-shops from where one can buy in China, not only for foreigners but also for Chinese people.
- On the top of the list it should be Taobao.com How one can live without it in China? On this site you can find whatever you want at the lowers price even though the quality is kind of bad, remember that the products are all made in China and you get what you paid for! There is a useful link on SmartShanghai that helps you to open an account on Taobao, which is not easy as it seems, better if you have a Chinese friend that can help you!
- Another e-commerce site is JD.com very useful for buying electronics in China. Actually I have never used it, but my friend had and they find it easy to purchase. The thing is that you can also pay when you receive the product. So give it a try if you are looking for electronics!
- For food and groceries there is YHD.com where you can purchase fresh fruit and meet and also cookies or drinks. You will never need to go to Walmart or Tesco again! The prices are reasonable compare to other sites. I have bought Salmon at the lowers price in town!
- Tmall.com is very similar to Taobao, but the products are original and the prices are higher with better quality. One of the e-shops that I used the most in China!
- If your Chinese is not good and you find it very hard to buy groceries from the sites listed before, you can try to use Epermerkat.com The prices are higher compare to the Chinese e-shops but the site is in English.
- Sherpa’s for food delivery in English and if you know some Chinese you can also try Ele.me There is all kind of cuisine from Indian to Thai to Chinese or Italian, just give it a try if you do not want to go out for dinner!
- Alipay and Wechat wallet are a must in China. You can forget about the cash and credit cards and start to pay with your smart phones!
- SmartShanghai.com is a very useful site full of events and deals for expats in Shanghai.
As you can see life in China is so easy from home. You can just stare at your PC and buy everything that comes to your mind at the lowers price in the world! I am not kidding!
Enjoy Shanghai and see you in my next post!